Welcome to FBC on Park Street. Come, be family.
After checking out our site, come on in for a visit. We are a family-friendly church…and if you are a brother or sister in Christ, you are part of the family!
What is the worship experience like at First Baptist?
The heart of our church is Pointing generations to Jesus…the Word of God. It is our hope and goal that the entire worship experience – the songs, the preaching, the prayers – will encourage and challenge you. We meet for worship at 10:45 am in our sanctuary.
Where do I park?
There’s plenty of parking.
If you are a first-time visitor, we have set-aside parking for you, just look for the signs taking you towards the left if you want to be near the children’s building, or towards the right if you want handicapped parking.
What about my younger kids?
On Sunday mornings we have options for kids from birth through sixth grade from trained and background-checked volunteers:
- There is a Sunday School for newborns, walkers, and 2-year-olds at both 9:15 (so you can attend Sunday School) and 10:45 (during worship.) Our teachers will love and pray for your precious little ones.
- There’s plenty for your 3-5-year-old children to look forward to in our pre-school Sunday School at 9:15 or 10:45. They’ll have an age-appropriate Bible study using The Gospel Project, snacks and a variety of fun activities. There’s also an age-focused large group time in Studio 252 at our 10:45 hour each week where preschoolers watch a video Bible story and unpack the story in creative ways.
- Preschoolers are checked-in at each classroom upon arrival. Parents fill out a two-part security tag. Child’s Security Number is given to the parent while the matching number containing Child’s Name, Parent’s Name, allergies, etc are kept with the child.
- When in our worship center, the number on your child’s security tag also acts as a paging number. At the back exits, there are black boxes near the ceiling that will display your child’s number if you are needed.
- The K-5th-grade students have an energetic and engaging group teaching time at 9:15, and then break into age-specific groups to help them learn from the Bible and apply what they learned. At 10:45 they are invited to worship with their families.
- 6th graders have their own environment outside our youth area. This is the year they begin the transition from Children’s Ministry to Youth Ministry. The 6th graders are included in Middle School Only activities throughout the Sunday School year so they will be ready for Youth VBS and Youth camp the summer following their 6th grade year!
Our role is to support you as you disciple your children. Our staff and volunteers bring the Bible to life for your children in exciting and creative new ways, and our Adult Sunday Morning Groups are studying the same materials as the kids so you have ready-made discussions on the way home. (It’s called The Gospel Project, and you can read all about it here.)
I have youth. Where do they go?
We encourage full-family worship at both our worship services on Sunday morning. Your youth can participate in a Sunday morning group at 9:15 am for studying the Bible with other students their age. Youth from 7th to 12th grade should definitely check out our youth group on Sunday & Wednesday nights as well.
Is there a dress code?
We want you to feel comfortable. Whether that means jeans and a t-shirt, business casual, or suit and tie, as long as you are actually wearing clothes you will fit right in.
Are there any accommodations for the deaf and hearing impaired?
Yes! We provide a hearing device those who are hearing impaired. See our greeters in the lobby who are trained to get you ready to hear the word!
Will I have to say anything, sign anything or be singled out in any way?
You won’t be put on the spot.
- You won’t have to wear a name badge or be singled out in any way. People will definitely want to say “hi!”, though. It’s what we do.
- You don’t even have to sing along if you don’t feel comfortable. If you want to, you can also sing real loud and joyfully…it’s Biblical!
- You’re not expected to give when we receive the offering. But you can, as it’s not for us that you give.
We have a connection card available in the service to fill out in case you have questions, need prayer or are interested in any of our events or resources. This card is only used to help us serve you better and keep you informed of church-wide events and activities. You will not be spammed.
Visitors are also invited to meet with our deacons after the worship services. They want to meet you and answer questions you have.
What do you believe?
We believe that Jesus is the son of God and the Bible is the word of God. Our goal is to point generations to Jesus, the only way to God.
Read more about what we believe and other questions you may have by clicking here.
I want to grow as a Christian. What’s the plan?
We want you to worship with us on Sunday, connect to others in the church, grow together, and go out into the world changed.
- Adults can connect with other believers by joining a Sunday morning group or attending one of our classes to help you in specific areas of your life like marriage, discipleship, finances, etc. The best way to find those is at our welcome center.
- Kids K to 6th grade can participate in a myriad of programs on Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, and other times throughout the week..
- 7th to 12th Grade Students can be challenged and grow at 5pm Sunday, 6pm on Wednesdays, and forge closer relationships with other students by joining a group that meets on Sunday mornings off our Youth Fellowship Hall.