American Heritage Girls
building women of integrity through service to God, family, community, and country.
AHG is the premier national character development organization for young women that embraces Christian values and encourages family involvement. All biological girls of any color, creed, race, national origin and socioeconomic status who agree to live according to the standards of the AHG Oath and the AHG Creed are invited to be members of American Heritage Girls Troop VA0735 right here at FBC on Wednesday nights between 6-7 pm.
Each American Heritage Girl learns the Oath and Creed as soon as she is able, and recites them with her Troop at Troop meetings.
I promise to love God,
cherish my family,
honor my country,
and serve in my community.
As an American Heritage Girl, I promise to be:
- Compassionate – Understanding others in fellowship, empathy, kindness, and caring. Respect others’ opinions and emotions.
- Helpful – Willingly serve others.
- Honest – Always tell the truth and keep my promise.
- Loyal – True to God, family, friends, community and country.
- Perseverant – Continuing to strive toward a goal despite obstacles.
- Pure – Keep my mind and body pure.
- Resourceful – Wisely use my time, materials and talents.
- Respectful – Honor my country, be obedient to those in authority and courteous to all.
- Responsible – Accountable for my own actions. Reliable in all situations.
- Reverent – Faithful and honoring to God. Respectful to the beliefs of others.